The Work Moves Forward

Sept. 21, 2015

This week was better. We saw some good work done, and we had a much better time now that everyone’s health was back. On Monday we went out and emailed where tragedy struck. So I have to explain stuff for everything to be understood. I have 2 hard drives. I bought one in Buriram that I backed everything up onto from Buriram to the middle of Rangsit. I then bought a new, bigger hard drive and copied everything onto it. Today I brought the old hard drive to the internet cafe and formatted, as in I deleted everything on the old one to clean it out and make space for new stuff. As I went through the old hard drive I realized that everything had copied over except the voice files from before the new hard drive. Half of my mission’s voice recordings had disappeared, and I had just deleted the one way to restore them, the old hard drive. I was devastated, and my whole email time was spent trying to recover them with all the ways I knew how. We did not have enough time, so all the hard drives were locked down and the rescue operation postponed until another day. So with these concerns on my mind we went to find a place to bowl at. We eventually found it and it was the huge building that I went ice skating in a long time ago. I talked about it in an email months ago. We went in and had an awesome time bowling. My name on the scoreboard was “Ice Man” . I could not really find much enjoyment because I was so focused on my lost voice journals, and they had loud music and terrible music videos playing in the place. We then came home and visited a sick member in the hospital, and gave her a blessing. She is doing good, and is still happy. She wanted us all to sign her cast. We talked for a while and then went and got food. We took a taxi home in hard rain. The taxi driver purposely went the wrong ways to try to get the meter higher, so I made him stop and we bailed and got a new taxi dude who was honest. We made it home and got dinner. Tuesday we ate at the Sizzlers place for district meeting and it was awesome. I spent a lot of money, but the food was totally worth it. Us 4 white guys wrecked the all you can eat salad and soup bar. We went to the church and as we got  district meeting setup I got some automated programs running on the computer that started to scour the old hard drive for my old voice recordings. We had a good meeting and we went learned some good things. I then called a ton of people and had

some great conversations with investigators and members. After all of that I went and worked on the computer some more. We then taught English class about direction and had a good time. The next day we went out and ate some lunch, worked on the computer some more, and met up with Poo-A. We talked to him as we waited for the Thonburi. They finally showed up and we had an awesome lesson with him. He has absolutely no commandment problems, and is still a boss. We then taught an RC named sister Eve about the plan of salvation with a mix of Restoration thrown in there. She had tons of good questions. We then worked on the computer and I did it. I fixed the problem! I was able to recover all of the mission voice journals, and it felt like a huge weight was taken of my shoulders. I felt like a new man, and I went home that night super happy. The next day we had a big planning session, and went and bought packages to ship stuff home. We invited for a while and went to the church to teach brother Note. We taught him the plan of salvation. He loved it and had tons of cool questions that no one has ever asked. He is a smart dude. We then had a good lesson with Eve again and had correlation meeting. It was a good day, but we are having problems because a ton of our investigators are out of town. The next day we sent some letters and went to Big C to buy food. We met an old investigator and got her number, and got some numbers from a surprising amount of people. We then went and talked to Sister Duke at her coffee stand. She is doing good, and had some things she needed to talk about. We then went and saw this weird Buddhist thing setup in the mall, and I found a place that makes patches for uniforms. I might get something made thBOSS0212ere. We had a fun Book of Mormon class with games and food, and everyone had a good time. On Saturday we went to the church and cleaned the church for most of the day. There was so much stuff to do, and we all had a ton of work top do. I took up the task of fixing lights, electronics, and the fluorescent lights that had bad starters or bad cables. After all the cleaning was done the church looked so good. We then went and saw member named brother Egg. He is a return missionary who served in Salt Lake. He fed us dinner and showed us all sorts of cool stuff from his time as a missionary. He had cats, and I
started to die ofallergies so we got out of there. It was good, besides the cats. On Sunday we had people show up, including LA’s like that lady we talked to last week. The members were all blown away by how clean and new the church was. We had tons of meetings, and then I talked to a member who wants to be a missionary. She had tons of good questions, and she was a super cool person. I wish her the best of luck as a missionary. We then went and saw Sister Duke because she needed our help. On the way back home that evening we ran into a crazy homeless man that says he is a member of all religions, and that Islamic people took his arm bones. His arms were fine. So it was a good day had by all. Today we are going to ice skate again at that one place, and hopefully see some more good times this week. I will see you next Monday!

-Elder Ridings


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s